Pick and Place Conditioning with a Conveyor Belt¶
- This tutorial is working from:
- The version v3.0.0 of the ned_ros_stackThe version v3.0.0 of Niryo StudioThe version v3.1.0 of PyNiryo
Show multiple examples of applications you can do with the Vision Set and Ned
Have a first approach with industrial processes which can be realized with Ned
Basic knowledge of Python
Being able to use Ned
Having studied the Vision Set’s User Manual
Having studied the Conveyor Belt’s User Manual
Having looked at the PyNiryo library documentation
What you will need¶
A Vision Set
A Conveyor Belt
The PyNiryo library installed on your computer
Conditioning with a Conveyor Belt and the Vision Set¶
This process consists in picking any type of object from a Conveyor Belt and conditioning them in a packing area.
You can find below a schematics of the application to help you visualizing it.
The script of the application can be found here: Vision conditioning conveyor
Explanation of the script¶
This script shows an example on how to use Ned’s Vision Set with a Conveyor Belt.
At the beginning, the robot camera is placed over the Conveyor Belt. When it detects an object, it stops the Conveyor Belt, then, it realizes a pick and place operation as the one we have in the first example.
The code is well commented so you can easily understand how this application is working.
- Before running the application, you will have to change these variables below:
- You can change the variable below if you want to do your own environment:
- Finally, you may change the variable below to adapt the application the perfect way to your environment: